Our priorities for development this year, in the Minerva Learning Trust and as a school are:
- Raise standards and develop consistency across early years. This will be supported by a Senior Leader for Education and Early YearsSpecialist consultant.
- Continue to develop mastery in mathematics. This will be supported by the Mathematics hub and specialist teachers.
- In English, develop reading and writing, using Read Write Inc phonics and Talk for Writing. We aim to give firm foundations for learning to read and foster a love for it. Talk for Writing is an engaging teaching framework, proven to raise standards. This work will be supported by the English hub, specific training from specialist leaders in Talk for Writing and a Senior Leader for Education.
- Develop a broad and deep curriculum, using Cornerstones as a basis. This will include a mapped, progressive and rich curriculum, and introducing knowledge organisers as a tool for supporting learning.
- Begin to develop a trust wide action plan for anti-racism work.
If you would like any further information on this, please contact the school: staff and governors will be happy to discuss it with you.